- Open viewing Thursday 6-8pm or Sunday 2-4pm or by appointment
- Beautifully presented, spacious, three-bedroom, detached, converted cottage over two levels.
- Occupying a half an acre plot, set in a rural location, in well-placed Currie lying to the south west of Edinburgh.
- Accommodation comprises an; entrance hall, living room, dining kitchen, three double bedrooms, a bathroom, en-suite and study.
- Features include gas central heating, uPVC double glazing, TV and telephone points, quality flooring and a well-portioned floorplan.
- Externally the property benefits from a large private front garden, further grounds to the side, and a multi-car drive including a double garage.
- The property has possible planning permission to build a house in the garden.
- Home Report available online.
Beautifully presented, spacious, three-bedroom, detached, converted cottage over two levels. Occupying a half an acre plot, the property has possible planning permission to build a house in the garden. The cottage is set in a rural location in well-placed Currie, lying to the south west of Edinburgh. The entrance hall has engineered wood flooring and opens into the bright living room which features laminate flooring and a wood-burning stove. The spacious, dual aspect dining kitchen is fitted with contemporary units including complementary stone effect worktops, a stainless steel sink and ample space for dining furniture. Appliances include an integrated gas hob, electric oven, extractor canopy, fridge and freestanding washing machine. Bedroom one features carpeted flooring and two recessed windows, while the stylish bathroom is fitted with a traditional three-piece suite with a roll-top bath, storage units and engineered wood flooring. The study has a fitted cupboard and carpeted stairs leading up to the first floor, where bedroom two has carpeted flooring, a built-in wardrobe and an en-suite shower room including a modern suite with a mixer shower, whilst bedroom two, likewise features two velux-style windows and ample space for freestanding furniture. Currie, Juniper Green and nearby Balerno have pleasant village atmospheres and an excellent range of local amenities, including supermarkets, a bank, and post office. The Gyle Shopping Centre and Hermiston Gate are just a short drive away, and offer an extensive range of high-street names and large supermarkets. There are many attractive walks nearby, along the Water of Leith, in the Pentland Hills, golfing at the prestigious Dalmahoy Golf and Country Club, and the Malleny National Trust Gardens. Public transport, including Curriehill railway station, provides regular services into the city centre and surrounding areas. Local schooling include Currie Primary School and Currie High School, and the main Heriot Watt University campus is also close by.