- Beautifully presented, two/three-bedroom, upper flat conversion within the imposing B-listed Comiston House.
- Quietly located in the sought-after residential area of Fairmilehead, to the south of Edinburgh city centre.
- Originally built in 1815 for Lord Provost of Edinburgh, Baronet James Forrest, and redeveloped in 1996.
- Accommodation comprises; entrance hall, living room, dining room/third bedroom, kitchen, two double bedrooms, an en-suite, bathroom and WC.
- With extensive original features including high ceilings, decorative plasterwork, wood panelling, and modern flooring, tasteful decor and a secure entry system.
- The building sits within two acres of mature, landscaped, garden grounds with a designated private lawn area for the property, and a residents car park to the front.
- Externally there is storage space in the wooden garden shed set to the edge of the car park.
- Home Report available online
Beautifully presented, two/three-bedroom, upper flat conversion within the imposing B-listed Comiston House, quietly located in the sought-after residential area of Fairmilehead, to the south of Edinburgh city centre. The large entrance hall serves each room on the second floor, and opens into the front facing, bright and spacious living room featuring engineered wood flooring, a decorative fireplace and impressive windows allowing plentiful natural light. The generously sized dining room/bedroom 3 is likewise set to the front, and the kitchen provides extensive views from the kitchen window featuring the new Queensferry Crossing. Set to the rear, it is fitted with quality wood flooring, traditional wall and base units with laminate worktops, an integrated gas hob, electric oven, extractor hood, and space for further freestanding white goods. Upstairs, the master bedroom has wood flooring and an en-suite shower room, and bedroom two is similarly well sized, with ample space for freestanding bedroom furniture and wood flooring. Set off the landing, the bathroom is fitted with a traditional white three-piece suite and tiled splashbacks, whilst the downstairs WC also has a traditional style two-piece suite. Externally there is storage space in the wooden garden shed set to the edge of the car park. Fairmilehead is situated in a convenient location, on the southern edge of Edinburgh, for ease of access to the city bypass, the popular shopping area of Morningside, and Straiton Retail Park and Fort Kinnaird. The Pentland Hills Regional Park is also within close vicinity offering a range of outdoor pursuits, including Hillend ski-slope, and the nearby Mortonhall Estate has numerous woodland walks, along with an excellent countryside pub/restaurant. There are several supermarkets within a short radius including a Morrisons and Tesco, together with well-regarded schooling from nursery level upwards. A good selection of rural and city-based bus services connecting to the city centre is available, and the locally accessed city by-pass offering motorway links.