- Comprises: an entrance vestibule, hall, living room, kitchen, two double bedrooms, and a bathroom.
- Externally the property benefits from a private, south-facing rear garden, mostly laid to lawn, which includes access to a rear vennel; with a small garden to the front and on-street parking.
- The property has architect's plans for a loft conversion.
- Beautifully presented, two-bedroom, mid-terrace, Edwardian cottage with gardens.
- Located a short walk from the train station, in the heart of Newtongrange, near Dalkeith in Midlothian, to the south-east of Edinburgh.
- Original features include high ceilings, solid wood panelled doors, sanded and varnished floorboards, fireplaces and picture rails.
- Further features include gas central heating, uPVC double glazing, TV and telephone points, fibre broadband, and a fitted kitchen.
- Home Report available on request.
***CLOSING DATE SET FOR FRIDAY 31ST JANUARY 2020 AT 1PM*** Beautifully presented, two-bedroom, mid-terrace, Edwardian cottage with gardens. The property is located a short walk from the train station, in the heart of Newtongrange, near Dalkeith in Midlothian, to the south-east of Edinburgh. An attractive porch leads into the entrance vestibule, which in turn opens into the hall where there is space for outerwear and freestanding furniture. With sanded and varnished floorboards continuing throughout most of the property, the two double bedrooms are set towards the front. Bedroom one, currently being used as the living room, has a box bay window, picture rail, pendant light fitting, a TV point, press cupboard, and an original cast iron fireplace. Bedroom two is similarly well-proportioned, also with an original fireplace, press cupboard, and picture rail. Set overlooking the rear garden, the living room (currently configured as a dining room) offers a feature fireplace, an open shelved press, and a pendant light fitting, with the modern kitchen accessed to the rear of the room. The kitchen includes solid wood worktops, a stainless sink with drainer, fitted wall and base units, integrated dishwasher, Worcester gas combi boiler and a freestanding cooker with a gas hob. From the kitchen, a door leads directly to the south-facing garden where there is a small shed. Completing the accommodation, the tastefully-finished bathroom consists of a traditional-style suite with a powerful mains shower over the bath, a clothes pulley, and tiled splashwalls. Newtongrange, a characterful former mining village, provides an excellent range of everyday shopping and local amenities. Rail and bus links to central Edinburgh are a short walk away, and with easy road access to the city bypass and motorway network, this is an excellent commuting choice. There is also a local swimming pool and leisure centre, community centre, library, local parklands, GP and well-regarded schooling at all levels. Dalkeith, a short distance away, offers all the amenities expected of a sizeable town.