- Beautifully presented and spacious, south-facing two-bedroom, main door garden flat, forming part of an impressive traditional stone-built tenement.
- Located in the highly desirable and much sought-after Marchmont district, just south of Edinburgh city centre.
- Comprises a vestibule, hallway, living room, dining/kitchen, two double bedrooms, and a family bathroom.
- Combining a tasteful mix of contemporary fittings and period details, and offering a superb location for access around the city.
- Highlights include tall ceilings, period cornice-work, a front-facing bay window, cast iron style radiators and varnished original wood flooring.
- In addition, there is a quality fitted kitchen, an exceptional bathroom suite, HIVE gas central heating and good storage provision.
- To the front is a private garden enclosed by tall privacy hedging, whilst to the rear is a well-maintained shared garden with direct access from bedroom one.
- A 360 Virtual Tour is available online.
- Home Report available on request.
Beautifully presented and spacious, south-facing two-bedroom, main door garden flat, forming part of an impressive traditional stone-built tenement. Located in the highly desirable and much sought-after Marchmont district, just south of Edinburgh city centre. A vestibule entrance features period decorative tiled flooring and cloak space for outerwear. A semi-glazed door opens to the main hall, giving access throughout including two built-in storage cupboards, whilst also offering further freestanding storage/cloak space. South facing to the front is the impressive public room featuring the bay window, ornate cornice work and a ceiling rose, a feature fireplace and a bi-fold door opening to the kitchen, creating a semi-open plan living and dining space. Set internally, the kitchen has dual access from the lounge and hallway, whilst quality fitting units include real-wood worktops, a Belfast-style ceramic sink, a tiled surround, unit downlighting, and an integrated dishwasher, washing machine, oven and gas hob. Both well-proportioned bedrooms are set quietly to the rear, with built-in storage and pendant light fittings, together with ample space for freestanding storage. The stylish modern bathroom also has a rear-facing window and is fitted with a traditional style suite, including a 'rain-fall' shower over a freestanding bath, tiled flooring and splash walls, and recessed spotlighting. Marchmont is a sought-after area, well-placed for access to the universities across Edinburgh, and excellent schooling including James Gillespie's, Boroughmuir and St Thomas of Aquin's RC High Schools, which are some of the top-ranked state schools in Scotland, as well as well-regarded primary schools with St Peter's RC and James Gillespie's all in the catchment area. A range of local amenities can be found throughout including extensive shopping in the vicinity; whilst neighbouring Morningside, Newington and Tollcross offer a wide variety of specialist shops, cafes, restaurants, cinemas and theatres. The open green parklands of Bruntsfield Links and The Meadows are situated within close proximity and include public tennis courts, playgrounds, and a pitch and putt course, whilst Holyrood Park, Arthur's Seat and the Salisbury Crags are located a little further to the east. With the city centre easily accessible on foot, the area has frequent bus services available from Marchmont Road and Melville Drive. Council Tax Band: E Tenure: Freehold