- Beautifully-presented, impressive two bedroom, second-floor flat with numerous period features and a box room.
- Set in a traditional stone-built tenement and located in the sought-after area of Marchmont, to the south of Edinburgh city centre.
- Comprises: an entrance hall, living room, dining kitchen, utility room, two double bedrooms, a box room and a bathroom.
- Refreshed for the market with light neutral decor, this period property has retained extensive original features, including sash & casement windows, original plasterwork, doors and feature fireplaces.
- In addition, there is gas central heating, a secure entry system, TV and telephone points, and excellent storage provision.
- Some furnishings and items of furniture may also be available for sale by negotiation.
- Externally, there is a well-maintained communal garden to the rear, with permit on-street parking to the front and in the surrounding areas.
- A Virtual 360 Tour is available online.
- Home Report available on request.
- By app - Call MOV8
Beautifully-presented, impressive two bedroom, second-floor flat with numerous period features and a box room, set in a traditional stone-built tenement and located in the sought-after area of Marchmont, to the south of Edinburgh city centre. The welcoming entrance hall grants access throughout, including to two store cupboards, and has a picture rail, the entryphone system, and sanded and varnished wood flooring. Set towards the front, with a large bay window providing plenty of natural light, the spacious living room has carpeted flooring, ornate plaster-work, a feature fireplace, and a built-in storage/display cabinet. Rear-facing, the generous kitchen also includes a feature fireplace, has ample room for dining furniture, and has a sizeable cupboard for storage. It also gives access to the utility room which has a sink with drainer, room for storage, and a freestanding washing machine. The kitchen itself is fitted with modern units, stone-effect worktops, a tiled surround, a sink with drainer, an integrated oven, gas hob with a canopy above, and a freestanding fridge/freezer and a dishwasher. The two well-proportioned double bedrooms are set to either aspect, both with feature fireplaces, cornice-work, and carpeted flooring, with a complementary built-in cabinet for bedroom one. With dual access from the hall and living room, a good-sized box room can flexibly be used as a study, storage space, or a single guest room. Completing the accommodation, the bathroom is fitted with a contemporary suite, and includes a ladder radiator and tiled flooring and splashwalls. Marchmont is a sought-after area, well-placed for access to universities, hospitals, excellent schooling including James Gillespie's High School, and local amenities including extensive shopping in the vicinity. Neighbouring Morningside, Newington and Tollcross offer a wide variety of specialist shops, cafes, restaurants, cinemas and theatres. The open green parklands of Bruntsfield Links and The Meadows are situated within close proximity, and include public tennis courts, playgrounds, and a pitch and putt course, whilst Holyrood Park, Arthur's Seat and the Salisbury Crags are located a little further to the east. With the city centre easily accessible on foot, the area has frequent bus services available from Marchmont Road and Melville Drive.