- Open viewing Sunday 2pm - 4pm or by appointment
- Impressive and exceptionally spacious, five-bedroom, double-upper flat with extensive original features, two reception rooms and a private garden.
- Forming part of an elegant Victorian tenement spread over two levels on a quiet residential street in desirable Newington, to the south of Edinburgh city centre.
- The second floor comprises an entrance vestibule, hall, living room, sitting/dining room, kitchen, two double bedrooms and a shower room.
- The third floor comprises a master bedroom with large dressing room, a further double bedroom, a single bedroom, bathroom, play room and workshop/store room.
- Period features include superb plasterwork, sanded and varnished floorboards, impressive bay windows, high ceilings and panelled doors.
- Further features include extensive storage, double glazed windows, gas central heating, and TV and telephone points.
- Externally the property benefits from an established private rear garden, with ample permit parking to the front.
- Home Report available online.
Impressive and exceptionally spacious, five-bedroom, double-upper flat with extensive original features, two reception rooms and a private garden. Forming part of an elegant Victorian tenement spread over two levels on a quiet residential street in desirable Newington, to the south of Edinburgh city centre. An entrance vestibule opens into a hallway that serves each room throughout and features laminated wood flooring and stairs to the second level. The spacious south-facing sitting/dining room features freshly sanded and varnished wooden floors, ornate plasterwork, fireplace and a deep bay window overlooking the gardens. A second Victorian living room, currently set up as an additional bedroom, also includes impressive plasterwork and a bay window offering views to Arthur's Seat. The kitchen is fitted with contemporary units with stone worktops and a range of appliances including an induction hob and American style fridge/freezer. Bedrooms three and four are generously sized and feature further wooden flooring, traditional press and space for freestanding furniture. The shower room has a modern suite with extensive tile work and shower cubicle with splash walls. On the third floor, the south-facing master bedroom features a large bay window, a substantial adjoining dressing room and carpeted flooring throughout while bedroom two likewise includes another bay window, carpeted flooring, period fireplace and a built-in wardrobe. The stylish bathroom is fitted with a modern three piece suite and a further single bedroom is situated adjacent to the master bedroom. The top level also includes a large functional play room, a workshop and store room, with eaves space running along the north side of the flat. Newington lies roughly two miles south of the city centre, and provides a number of local amenities for everyday needs, offering a variety of specialist shops, and a vibrant atmosphere of bars, restaurants, and cafes. The popular Cameron Toll Centre also offers a selection of high-street shops and as well as a Sainsbury's superstore. A convenient location for Edinburgh University, The Royal Infirmary and the Scottish Parliament, there are also many open green-spaces including Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat, Blackford Hill and The Meadows together with the Royal Commonwealth Pool, formerly a venue for the Commonwealth Games. The property lies in the highly-sought after catchment area for Sciennes Primary and St Peter's RC Primary School, as well as James Gillespie's and St Thomas of Aquin's RC Secondary school, and a regular public transport service provides easy access to and from the city centre.